Saturday, September 13, 2014

My First Musing

Welcome to my new blog!

My name is Ryan, and I am a middle division math instructor at Berkeley Preparatory School in Tampa, FL. I'm currently teaching Honors Pre-Algebra, Algebra 1, and Honors Geometry. In the past, I've had the privilege to teach every grade from 6-12, and to have been a department chair and a resource teacher.

When I was teaching at a school in a heavily Irish-American community outside of Boston, there were two teachers named "Mr. McLaughlin": myself and an English teacher. And of course, we both taught 7th grade. To distinguish between us, some of the students started to call me "Mr. MATH-Laughlin," and it stuck. "MathLaughlin" has been my nickname ever since.

This blog will be where I share my thoughts on all things education, math, and related topics. Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment